Monday, May 21, 2007

Some sort of scary beast



Got mad at myself that I am not as good an artist as I want to be. And with where my life is now I find it harder to focus on my art with the baby and family now, my time if really is divided. Don't get me wrong, I love the family life, I just wish there were more hours in the day to focus on improving myself as an artist.
I also wonder if having one particular style will make me more successful than having a variety of diferent styles. Some seem to achieve great success by having one style and stickin to it. I don't think I can really do that. I love 2-d animation, 3-d, concept art, comic books, fine art, airbrushing. You name it! I like too many things and want too many things. Call me artistically greedy! Anyhoo, decided to rough out this guy out and experiment with painting in photoshop. Could work on it more and cleaned it up a bit more, but I just wanted to post. Anyways, enjoy.

4 comments:

Jason said...

I know what'cha mean brother. It's a task to find the time to do anything with a child running around. I want to be a good dad, but also want to progress as an artist. It's slow going, but I'm able to squeeze a bit of drawing in at home from time to time. Great work on 'ole beastie here. He looks like he could trot at a pretty respectable speed!

Edward said...

Hey thanks for the past couple of comments J. Yeah, its definitely harder to squeeze in those drawing times with the tots, but eventually we'll find a good happy medium. And start posting some more Damn it!

Unknown said...

Your doing a great job man! Your drawings are awesome! All us artists want to do everything, and eventually we will. But I'd say start with whats easiest and what you love most first. One step at a time then work you way down your list.

Hanne said...

Just remember what makes you happy and you will be fine. Have a great summer :) Hugs from Norway